Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Watching Is Exhausting

I spent the day shadowing at VOA. Honestly, I should have done this before starting school in design. There weren't any problems, i.e. I'm not scared away from interior design. However, in retrospect, I should have seen the real practice before committing. I think I knew that at the time, but I was afraid of being dissuaded. Nevertheless, I'm glad I did it today. I shadowed one of the principals for most of the day, and I had the chance to go out on a client visit with the interior design team. I definitely like the types of activities they were doing and could serer myself doing this. I am even more convinced that I should be working at the big picture level, probably doing planning. I need to set up some time to shadow the head planner there. However, I forgot how exhausting shadowing is. I would much rather be working hard than just watching!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

2 comments:

  1. I agree... shadowing is exhusting. But it always makes the gears in my mind start cranking. I do agree, I can see you as the big picture person. Good luck! I am looking forward to hearing more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! As I was observing, I found myself thinking about how much I still have to learn. I had to stop myself from getting all insecure... clearly I'm not supposed to know all of this; that's why I am still in training.

    ReplyDelete