Wednesday, May 26, 2010

In Many Worlds

I grew up reading science fiction and fantasy. I loved being transported to different worlds and learning about strange and unique cultures. I particularly enjoyed reading stories about alien planets and alternate dimensions. I wished I would have the chance to bounce between these different realities.

Jumping ahead a few decades, I have certainly had a healthy dose of reality. I think everyone lives in multiple worlds.....work, home, extended family, friends, etc. The distinctness of these many worlds has been very pronounced for me over the last year and a half as I have tried to balance my home life and relationship, my medical practice, and the master's program in interior design. I try to juggle everything with aplomb, but I think I often don't do justice to everything that I have committed.

No comments:

Post a Comment